Thursday, September 19, 2019

Mixed Media Altered frame and Lavinia stamps

Happy Thursday all!
It has been awhile since I have posted to my blog however I am hoping it will be a little more frequent in the future!  I have been working on my online store
Cardsbycharlene as my retirement date is nearing♥
I am sharing a mixed media frame I did with the amazing Lavinia stamps!
These stamps caught my eye awhile ago and I had to cave and start playing with them.
I have used 4 of their stamps in this scene...Willow the witch, Bats, Seasonal Tree, and Fairy Web.
I took a gold frame and applied black gesso, and then used art alchemy waxes .  I used the Versa Fine Clair inks for the background of the image, except for the yellow it is a chalk I had. Most of the supplies  I used for this project are from 7 Kids Craft Store.  I stamped the cauldron twice and then made a little slice in the top and put a little cotton to give the effect of the steam.
Challenges:
Lavinia World #9
Love to craft #38 Sept. anything goes
Polkadoodles challenge wk 37 anything goes
The Fairy and the Unicorn September Challenge
Crafting by design September anything goes
Crafty Creations #398 anything goes

Have a great day all and thanks for stopping by!

                                                              email signature

12 comments:

Jan said...

I love this very stunning . Jan

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Charlene! Your Halloweenie design is FABULOUS! I commented on it when seeing it on FB and am delighted to see it in your blog, and the LW challenge. Your finishes on that amazing frame are AWESOME! Love what you have done with those colors to make a classically beautiful frame into something spookily gorgeous! The Lavinia stamps are wonderful! So happy I saw your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges >. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Lori Kobular said...

Oh I love this Halloween scene you created! The colors are wonderful and that witch is so spooky! Your frame is gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!!

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

So creative! I love using my stamps to create framed art! Great work. Thank you for crafting with us at Lavinia World. Vicki -DT

Lena said...

Spooktacular and totally Bootiful piece of home decor for Halloween. Wonderful job. Love it!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lavinia World Challenges. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day.
♥ Lena ~ DT
Lavinia World
Lena’s Creations

Julie Odil said...

Oh my gosh, this is spooky and magical all at the same time! Love the colors, and that frame fits it perfectly! Thanks for joining us this time at Lavinia World Challenges. Julie, DT member

Anne Temple said...

WOW, I love this!! Such a great Halloween project. Your frame looks absolutely amazing as does the scene you've created to put in it. So glad you shared it with us for the Lavinia World Challenges #9. :-)

charlene said...

Thank you so much!

charlene said...

Thank you so much 😊

charlene said...

Thank you so much 😊

charlene said...

Thank you so much 😊

Corinne said...

what a fabulous scene
thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge..
Hugs
Corinne
Wishuponascrap.blogspot.com