Saturday, May 23, 2009

Black, White and one other color


Over at Three Clovers Designs they are having a little challenge where you use black, white and your choice of one other color, my pick was red. I had made this card for a friend for her birthday and I really liked the way it turned out. The black card is embossed with the "Floral Fantasy" folder, the white scallop rectangle, butterflies and little swirls are all cut on the wishblade. I just used my scoring tool to frame the rectangle. The butterfly wings are backed in acetate with Sickles diamond glitter on them. The butterfly bodies have the Class A'Peel Stickers by Stampendous on them. Little red flowers are just those you get in the jar. Thanks for taking time to come by and peek at my card.

14 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

OMG! OMG! this is STUNNING!!!!!!!! really eye catching and gorgeous! I'll bet it is *even more* dazzling irl. Thanks so much for participating in this weeks 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge!

Lori said...

What a beautiful card Charlene !!!

Molly Smith said...

This is gorgeous Charlene! I loved reading all about it, then clicked it and looked at every detail in the huge pic! Thanks for doing that, I love looking at detail up close :) The butterfly background is so pretty. I like the red with the black/white too!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a beauty, Sis! Love it & love your attention to detail! Just beautiful!

Brenda said...

OMGOSH this is soooo awesome!!! I been playing with the acetate for a co-worker and am lovin it! This card is sooo beautiful!
hugs
Brenda

Hugz~Dixie said...

Charlene, this card is wonderful. I'm so glad you posted a picture for all of us to see.

Just Jenn Designz said...

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous card!!! I absolutely love it, and all of the little details. Super!!!
*hugs*,
Jenn

Nora said...

I had to come & peek since I thought I heard Kerry squealin...YUP! There she is! *LOL*
It really IS a pretty card. Ya done good, GF!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. thats a great card Charlene. very elegant!
hugs
claudia

Sue from Oregon said...

Great take on this week's challenge! Thanks for playing this weeks challenge...wait till you see tomorrow's challenge!

BlueRose said...

That card is just gorgeous Charlene really stunning.

debby4000 said...

Stunning card, wonderful butterflies.
luv
Debby

Brenda said...

I have something for you on my blog!!
hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hey Charlene! Thanks for stoping by my blog... and have to say this is one stunning card... love it... HUGS...SK :)